The mission of the Appraisal Institute of Canada – Saskatchewan (AIC-SK) is to promote and advance the interests of our members, by providing valued services to members and information for and about the profession.
To be the recognized professional authority for real property valuation and advisory services in Saskatchewan.
The Association will act in the best interest of the membership. We will serve all members with the highest levels of integrity, professionalism and respect.
AIC-SK is the first point of contact for those in Saskatchewan wishing to join the AIC. AIC-SK will:
- Help individuals become a member of AIC by:
- Reviewing education and experience of prospective members
- Providing necessary application forms
- Processing the applications for Student and Candidate Members
- Guide members through the designation process by:
- Liaising with AIC’s education partner, UBC
- Informing members of current requirements and deadlines
- Administering the Applied Experience Program
- Seek and post career opportunities for members
- Organize 1 and 2 day Professional Practice Seminars within a classroom setting
- Organize professional development seminars within Saskatchewan to attain Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
- Changes to membership status for Members seeking retirement, resignation or compassionate leave, plus those looking to reinstate memberships
- Provide guidance on how Memberscan volunteer for AIC and AIC-SK
- Inform members on key issues through newsletters, publications and notices
- Promote AIC and the appraisal profession through local marketing, communications and advocacy activities
- Host provincial networking opportunities and meetings
AIC-SK also assists the public by:
- Answering general inquiries about the appraisal process
- Providing expert advice to the media on appraisal topics
- Providing information about appraisal as a career