Other CPD Opportunities
University of British Columbia Sauder, School of Business
The Real Estate Division periodically offers professional development courses in a live webinar format. Students view a presentation on a topical issue by industry professionals. Webinars are generally available in November/December and at other times during the year subject to demand.
Please note: live webinar offerings are subject to enrollment. Please see the Registration Information section for more information.
30th Anniversary Real Estate Forum
REAL ESTATE FORUM TORONTO – 30TH ANNIVERSARY – DECEMBER 1 & 2, 2021 (Hybrid = In-Person or Virtual Attendance)
FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK HOTEL, TORONTO & VIRTUAL PLATFORM
FROM TRANSFORMATIVE TRENDS AND CHALLENGES TO EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES AND STRATEGIES
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of our flagship event, The Real Estate Forum with its renowned compelling and insightful program will be presented as a hybrid conference. The program will include a considerable degree of thought leadership and valuable insights from some 90 well-known experts and practitioners from across Canada as well as the U.S., Europe and Asia. They will include Presidents, CEOs, Managing Partners and World Leading Authorities of many of the largest and most successful Canadian and global real estate organizations.
With a registration choice of In-Person at the Fairmont Royal York and Virtual on our easy to navigate, with extensive networking opportunities virtual event platform.
Both In-Person and Virtual attendees will experience the program in parallel, with our virtual guests being provided with great bonus sessions (8 in total) taking place whilst the in-person attendees are at lunch.
Limited Registrations Currently Available To Attend The Program Face-To-Face At The Fairmont Royal York Hotel In Toronto – Together With A Closing Reception
- entrance to the event is subject to changing Ontario government restrictions and guidelines
- registrations for In-Person attendance will not be processed where acceptance of health and safety measures around COVID-19 are declined
- mandatory proof on site that attendees have had the necessary vaccinations– this will include booster if applicable – (at least 14 days before November 30)
- those without the stipulated vaccinations will be given access to the virtual platform from which to participate – refunds will not be given
- masks are required to be worn as stipulated by the organizers
Unlimited Virtual Attendance
- unlimited registrations are available for virtual attendees who can enjoy the Forum from the comfort of their office or home
Continuing Professional Development
- A number of associations have provided credits for attendance at the Forum
- We invite you to check LINK for details
- A reminder there is a $50 admin fee associated payable at the point of registration. REF Club Members and those using Sponsor Complimentary Registrations have this fee waivered.
We are anticipating high demand for the In-Person element of the Forum and provide the following information in regard to this:
- In order to join the waitlist for the chance of an opening to attend In-Person attendees must register for the virtual element
- There is no guarantee that an In-Person registration opening will become available. Virtual registrations for this event are non-refundable
- Waitlist will be managed with the following priority at the time that an In-Person registration becomes available:
- 1st Priority given to REF Club Members
- 2nd Priority given to employees of Sponsoring Organizations
- 3rd Priority given to those not included in point 1. & 2. above
Attention REF Club Members
Your 20% discount will be applied to your In-Person or Virtual registration – those that choose In-Person are able to purchase On-Demand access which will be made available at the close of the Forum up to the end of 2021. The $50 admin fee for any Continuing Professional Development will be waived per REF Club Benefits.
University of British Columbia Sauder, School of Business
The Real Estate Division offers a series of short online Professional Development courses aimed at satisfying real estate practitioners’ continuing education needs. All courses are offered through distance education in a self-study format (with an online quiz) or a live webinar.
Click the link below to find courses earning CPD Credits:
Ontario Expropriation Association
The OEA is a non-profit, voluntary association of professionals having an interest in the field of expropriation law and practice.
The association is designed to promote understanding of the expropriation process, provide input to related legislation, and advance the intellectual, professional and social interaction of its members
Canadian Club Toronto
Canadian Club Toronto is Canada’s preeminent public affairs podium. Since 1897, we have served an ambitious and important mission: to connect Canadians with world-class leaders and newsmakers and be a leading platform for influencers to engage Canadians on what matters most.
Over our 120 year history as a not-for-profit organization, we continue to be a forum for Governors General and Prime Ministers, CEOs and Nobel laureates, scientists, artists and innovators. We have a proud tradition of hosting national and international leaders in politics, business, social innovation and the media, and our subscribers and audiences are drawn from an equally diverse and distinguished group of leaders.
Canadian Club Toronto addresses routinely generate national coverage across multiple platforms. In addition to reported media coverage and our in-person audience of several hundred people, we make our programming accessible to all Canadians through broadcasts on cable television and webcasts, available online. Events run between September and June in downtown Toronto.
As an independent, not-for-profit, we make all our events open to the public. Tickets can be purchased online or through our office at 416-364-5590.
The Commercial Building Structures Course outlines the basic components of commercial buildings and discusses the role of each structural element, including footings, piles, foundations, beams, girders, curtain walls and open web steel joists. You will learn how to recognize common performance problems. Illustrations and photos make the learning easy.
Earn 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits with this quick and easy correspondence course. Instant access, online testing and instant results allow you to earn your credits quickly from the comfort of your own home, on your own time. The course material is available as an easy PDF download with your order receipt.